Tuesday, February 19, 2008

FAREWELL TO LOVE


"And you could have it all
my empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt"

Song "Hurt" by Johnny Cash


Leave me now when your anger can’t interrupt my tears.
Go, slam the door in the face of my sadness,
walk a mile closer to your freedom, your need to stifle
an eternal smile on my face, even when you know is fake,
an illusion painted quickly every morning in the dark.

Leave me now, I won’t make a scene like the others.
I will hide the blood, let the wound drip on champagne glass
I promise no injury would be visible in photographs
won’t waste your time begging you to understand
the reasons for goodbye doing cartwheels in my mind.

I have a yearning that succumbs like a wave from my eyes.
My imperfections are starting to show through the mask.
I’m not the princess you want to crown queen.
You’re not the king I’ll let my feelings command.

Leave with no regrets, I’ll help you pack the past,
throw away left-over feelings you still might have,
label my flaws and misdemeanors in your memory box;
I’ll take the blame, for what is worth.

No comments: